Visiting Walt Disney World with young children doesn’t mean anyone has to miss out on your favorite rides. Take advantage of Disney World’s Rider Switch program. What exactly is Rider Switch you may ask? It is a wonderful program where one adult can wait with a non-rider while the rest of the group enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can switch out with the one who waited so they (along with 1 other guest) may enjoy the attraction without waiting in line again. The child that rode the first time with Mom can now ride again with Dad by using Rider Switch.
How does Rider Switch work?
1. First check with a Cast member at the entrance of the attraction to see if Rider Switch is offered.
2. The Adult sitting out will be given a Rider Switch pass and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction).
3. The other members of your group will ride the attraction and return to meet with the non-riding group when they have finished.
4. The Rider Switch pass will be given to the adult member who will now be riding. The 1st group takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
5. The 2nd group gives the pass to the Cast Member and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Star Tours
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Kali River Rapids
- Expedition Everest
- Primeval Whirl
- Test Track
- Mission: SPACE
Rider Switch is a great perk for families heading to the parks with small children that don’t want to miss out on their favorite rides. It also doubles as an opportunity for an older sibling to get a second ride without a long wait.
Shannon is an agent with Destinations to Explore, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She loves helping families plan their vacations and sharing in their excitement. Her services are completely free. Contact Shannon by emailing email@example.com for a free quote.