You’ve been planning your trip to Walt Disney World for months. Everything is paid for and fast passes are set up. You begin your DREAM Vacation, then it happens. Halfway into your very first day, the children you know and love turn into tired and cranky little people. Your patience is wearing thin and you are also getting tired and cranky. Here are a few hints to help you leave the parks with the same happy children you walked in with, all while keeping your sanity.
- Get to the parks EARLY, before they open. You are already excited to start your day, use that energy and time to get things rolling. Watch Rope Drop at Disney’s Magic Kingdom park and see the Character’s arrive and welcome you to the park. It’s a wonderful way to start your day off with a smile.
- Don’t OVER plan. As much as you want to do everything in a day, don’t. It is hard to enjoy yourself when you’re worried about the “next thing” on your list. Leave plenty of time between fast passes and dining reservations so you don’t have to rush from place to place. Take your time.
- LEAVE at 1:00PM. Seriously. You’re tired, hungry, hot and your bodies need a break. Take this time to go back to the resort to nap, swim in the pool or some quiet time with a coloring book. Most importantly, eat a good meal. This is my favorite time to book dining reservations for a sit down meal with my family. You will feel refreshed and ready to continue on with the day.
- Head BACK to the parks around 5:00PM. As you walk in, you will notice other families that are leaving who are tired and cranky. You’ll be happy that you took the time to refuel before trying to do more.
- Be FLEXIBLE and PATIENT. There will be lines and delays. Use your time in line to look for hidden Mickey’s or visit with a Cast Member, they are full of fun information.
Just remember, this is a Walt Disney World vacation that you’ve been dreaming of, you want to enjoy every minute of it.
Shannon is an agent with Destinations to Explore, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She loves helping families plan their vacations and sharing in their excitement. Her services are completely free. Contact Shannon by emailing email@example.com for a free quote.